A “yacht” is a recreational boat or ship and the term originates from the Dutch word jacht “hunt”, and was originally defined as a light fast sailing vessel used by the Dutch navy to pursue pirates. Charles II of England used a “yacht” in 1660 to travel from the Netherlands to England and it became a vessel to be used for important persons.
Until the 1950s, almost all yachts were made of wood or steel, but a much wider range of materials is used today. The most common construction material is fibreglass, steel, aluminium, carbon fibre and ferrocement. Apart from boatbuilding materials like carbon fibre and aramid fibre, spruce veneers laminated with epoxy resins have the best weight-to-strength ratios.
Motor yachts (prefix M/Y) typically have one or two internal combustion engines that burn diesel fuel. Depending on yacht and engine size, fuel costs may be a very important factor. The new motor yachts tend to be more economical using the latest technologies to gain improved fuel economy.
Today’s hectic lifestyle is reflected in the growing popularity of a Motor Yacht Charter. The reasons are that motor yachts provide space, comfort, luxury and speed. It is the latter that will give the yacht charterer the chance to squeeze plenty of activities into their itinerary and make the most of their valuable time. Other benefits are:
- Modern entertainments and amenities such as television, stereo, and video, not to mention navigation electronics.
- Your motor yacht charter will have staterooms with a high level of comfort which would normally include air-conditioning, stabilisers, large master rooms and guest rooms, all with beautifully finished en-suite facilities.
- There will be an emphasis on the latest in technological navigational sophistication and communications systems to ensure the highest safety precautions are maintained at all times.
- The facilities in the galley on motor yachts are very generous and will often include all the luxury comforts of your kitchen at home, if not more!
- With their extra speed motor yachts leave sailboats behind and arrive at their next destination point sooner. This means less time underway and more time exploring or relaxing.
- A Motor Yacht Charter are far more spacious inside with larger cabins, fantastic head facilities and plenty of deck space for lounging on deck chairs.
- If you are interested in specialist fishing or diving charters then motor yachts are an ideal solution as they provide stability and maneuverability. They often feature a shallower draft and are able to get into and around areas unreachable by most sailboats.
Featured Motor Yacht Charters:
- M/Y Zambezi Yacht Charter
- M/Y Marvi De Yacht Charter
- M/Y Aquarella Yacht Charter
- M/Y Relentless Yacht Charter
- M/Y Falcon Island Yacht Charter
- M/Y The Devocean Yacht Charter
- M/Y Sea Wish Yacht Charter
- M/Y FIORENTE Yacht Charter
- M/Y COSMOS I Yacht Charter
- M/Y TATYANA Yacht Charter
- M/Y CLAIRE Yacht Charter
- M/Y Bora Bora II Yacht Charter
- M/Y Korab Yacht Charter
- M/Y Novela Yacht Charter
- M/Y Milaya Yacht Charter
- M/Y Sensation Yacht Charter
- M/Y Alexandra Yacht Charter
- M/Y Pegasus Yacht Charter
- M/Y Starfire Yacht Charter
- M/Y Mustique Yacht Charter