Turkey: The Alluring Crossroads of Civilisations for Yacht Charters
Turkey, straddling the continents of Europe and Asia, offers a unique blend of ancient history, vibrant culture, and picturesque coastlines that create an unparalleled yacht charter destination. From the bustling city of Istanbul to the azure waters of the Turquoise Coast, a Turkey yacht charter provides an unforgettable journey into the heart of the Eastern Mediterranean.
Turkey: A Glimpse into its Past
Turkey’s rich history spans millennia, bearing witness to the rise and fall of empires, including the Hittites, Romans, Byzantines, and Ottomans. This incredible tapestry of civilisations has left a lasting legacy through world-renowned archaeological sites, awe-inspiring architecture, and diverse cultural heritage. Today, Turkey’s booming tourism industry and world-class marina facilities make it a popular choice for yacht charter enthusiasts.
Sailing Areas: Discover the Enchanting Turkish Coastline
With over 5,000 miles of coastline, a Turkey yacht charter offers a vast array of sailing areas, each boasting its own unique charm and attractions. Some of the most popular regions include:
- The Turquoise Coast: Also known as the Turkish Riviera, this stunning stretch of coastline extends from Antalya to Fethiye, offering crystal-clear waters, secluded coves, and ancient ruins. Must-visit spots include the ancient city of Olympos, the sunken city of Kekova, and the vibrant town of Kaş.
- The Aegean Coast: Sailing from Bodrum or Marmaris, explore the captivating blend of natural beauty and ancient history along the Aegean Coast. Highlights include the Temple of Apollo at Didyma, the ancient city of Ephesus, and the pristine beaches of the Datça Peninsula.
- The Istanbul Bosphorus: For a unique yachting experience, navigate the Istanbul Bosphorus and take in the breathtaking views of Istanbul’s iconic skyline, featuring architectural marvels such as the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, and Topkapı Palace.
Turkey’s Marinas and Anchorages
Turkey’s extensive marina infrastructure ensures that yacht charter guests enjoy world-class facilities and services. Among the best marinas in the region are:
- Palmarina Bodrum: This state-of-the-art marina in the bustling town of Bodrum offers 620 berths, luxurious amenities, and a lively waterfront with a variety of bars, restaurants, and shops.
- Netsel Marmaris Marina: Situated in the heart of Marmaris, this marina features 750 berths and top-notch facilities, making it an ideal starting point for exploring the stunning Aegean Coast.
- D-Marin Göcek: Nestled in the charming village of Göcek, this marina boasts 380 berths and easy access to the breathtaking islands and coves of the Turquoise Coast.
Sailing Season and Weather Conditions
The best time to embark on a Turkey yacht charter is between May and October, when the weather is warm and sunny, with average temperatures ranging from 24 to 34°C. The sailing conditions are generally calm during this period, with predictable winds and minimal rainfall, providing an idyllic setting for your sailing adventure.
In Conclusion: Turkey – A Yacht Charter Destination Beyond Compare
Turkey offers an unparalleled yacht charter experience with its captivating blend of ancient history, vibrant culture, and idyllic coastlines. A Turkey yacht charter promises a unique and unforgettable sailing journey featuring diverse sailing areas, picturesque anchorages, and world-class facilities.
From the mesmerising Turquoise Coast to the historical wonders of the Aegean, Turkey’s incredible coastline is a treasure trove waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re seeking a tranquil escape, exploring ancient ruins, or tasting vibrant local culture, this Eastern Mediterranean gem has something for everyone.
Don’t miss the opportunity to explore the wonders of Turkey on your next yacht charter adventure. Book now and set sail for the ultimate Mediterranean experience, filled with memories that will last a lifetime!
Official language : Turkish
Capital : Ankara
Largest City : Istanbul
Area : 783,562 km2
Population : 77,000,000
Currency : Turkish Lira (TL)
Turkey Yacht Charter Search: Crewed
Turkey Yacht Charter Search: Bareboat & Skippered
Turkey Yacht Charter Tourist Information
Please note that Turkey is not part of the European Union and therefore please check the visa requirements: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
Health and Safety Advice
|IST||Atatürk International Airport Istanbul|
|SAW||Sabiha Gökçen International Airport Istanbul|
Use Dalaman International Airport for Marmaris and Fethiye, and Milas-Bodrum Airport for Bodrum. Please note there are two airports in Istanbul and both are used for international and local flights. Please ensure you book your connecting flight at the same airport else it is a 1.5 – 2.5 hour journey to reach the other airport. Flight time from UK: 4-5 hours. The most popular yacht charter ports are: Bodrum, Marmaris, Fethiye and Göcek.