Embark on an Enchanting Leeward Islands Yacht Charter
Anguilla, Antigua, Barbuda, Dominica, Guadeloupe, St Martin
The Leeward Islands, a stunning chain of Caribbean gems, offer a sailing experience that is truly unparalleled. Nestled amidst azure waters and verdant landscapes, this breathtaking archipelago beckons yacht charter enthusiasts to explore its captivating beauty. From idyllic anchorages to vibrant island cultures, the Leeward Islands promise a yacht charter adventure like no other.
A Brief History and Overview of the Caribbean Leeward Islands
The Leeward Islands are part of the Lesser Antilles, a collection of islands in the Caribbean Sea that stretches from the Virgin Islands to Dominica. The archipelago consists of numerous islands, including Anguilla, St Martin, St Barts, Antigua, and Montserrat. Rich in history and cultural diversity, the islands have seen European colonisation, creating a unique blend of British, French, Dutch, and indigenous influences.
Location and Sailing Areas
Located in the northeastern Caribbean, the Leeward Islands offer a variety of sailing areas, from the bustling atmosphere of St Martin to the secluded shores of Anguilla. Each island boasts its own unique charm and attractions, promising a diverse and unforgettable Leeward Islands sailing adventure.
Why the Leeward Islands are a Fantastic Sailing Destination
The Leeward Islands’ consistent trade winds, warm climate, and calm seas make them an ideal destination for yacht charters. The archipelago’s crystalline waters and vibrant coral reefs offer unparalleled snorkelling and diving opportunities, while the islands themselves showcase a plethora of stunning landscapes, lush rainforests, and pristine beaches. The islands’ rich culture and history further enhance the Caribbean sailing experience, ensuring a truly unforgettable yacht charter.
Must-Do, Must-See, and Must-Experience in the Leeward Islands
- Explore the vibrant island of St Martin: Discover the unique blend of French and Dutch influences on this bustling island, known for its lively markets, gourmet dining, and world-class shopping.
- Visit the stunning beaches of Anguilla: Bask in the beauty of the island’s 33 pristine beaches, including the world-renowned Shoal Bay and Rendezvous Bay.
- Experience the luxury of St Barts: This exclusive island offers an array of chic boutiques, upscale restaurants, and glamorous nightlife, making it a popular destination for the rich and famous.
- Immerse yourself in Antigua’s rich history: Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nelson’s Dockyard, a beautifully restored Georgian-era naval facility, and explore the island’s numerous forts and historical sites.
- Hike Montserrat’s verdant hills: Trek through the island’s lush rainforests and witness the dramatic landscape shaped by the Soufrière Hills volcano.
- Discover the natural beauty of Dominica: Explore this untouched island, known as the “Nature Island of the Caribbean,” with its lush rainforests, waterfalls, and hot springs.
Weather Conditions and Best Time to Sail
The Leeward Islands enjoy a warm tropical climate, with temperatures ranging from 24-30°C (75-86°F) year-round. The steady trade winds provide excellent sailing conditions, with the best time to visit the islands being the dry season, which runs from December to April. This period offers calmer seas, cooler temperatures, and minimal rainfall. The wet season, from May to November, experiences increased precipitation and the risk of tropical storms. However, many sailors still choose to explore the Leeward Islands during this time for a more adventurous and secluded experience.
Embark on a Caribbean Dream with a Leeward Islands Yacht Charter
With their breathtaking scenery, rich history, and diverse island experiences, the Leeward Islands have long been a favourite destination for yacht charters. The region’s idyllic weather conditions and the abundance of sailing areas make it the perfect setting for an unforgettable Caribbean adventure. So, hoist the sails and set course for the enchanting Leeward Islands, where a world of wonder and excitement awaits you.
In conclusion, a Leeward Islands yacht charter is the ultimate Caribbean sailing adventure, offering a diverse range of experiences, from relaxing on pristine beaches to exploring vibrant island cultures. With its enchanting landscapes, crystal-clear waters, and abundant marine life, the Leeward Islands provide a truly memorable experience for all who visit. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover the captivating beauty of the Leeward Islands on your next yacht charter adventure.
Summer : 1st May – 30th November (Low Season)
Hurricane season is June – November
Usually September and October are very quiet months, and most crews haul their boats and return home, as this seems to be the most active time for hurricanes.
We recommend that clients take out trip insurance during the summer months, in order to get their money back if they have to cancel with a named storm.
Winter : 1st December – 30th April (High Season)
First two weeks in January are quiet as everyone has just taken their holiday vacations but the rest of the period is very busy.
Charter rates are 10-15% higher for Xmas and New Year.