A catamaran is a multi-hulled yacht featuring two parallel hulls of equal size. It is a geometry-stabilized craft, deriving its stability from its wide beam, rather than from a ballasted keel as with a monohull sailing yacht. Being ballast-free and therefore lighter than a monohull, cat’s often have a shallower draft than monohull sailing yachts. The two hulls have a less resistance than monohulls, requiring less propulsive power from either sails or motors. The cat’s wider stance on the water can reduce both sea motion and heeling. Two types of cat’s are available: sailing and power catamarans.
Catamarans are great for stable and fast cruising. Multi-hulls have far more interior space than mono-hull sailing yachts. Catamarans have a low draught, which enables them to cruise in shallower waters and they are ideal for an island holiday in the Caribbean, Seychelles or Tahiti.
The most noticeable thing about sailing a Catamaran Yacht Charter versus a traditional monohull is the lack of heeling. A catamaran heel only 5-10 degrees during sailing. This is a much more convenient and relaxing way to sail and far less tiring.
Cruising catamarans will typically sail about 30% faster than a cruising monohull of the same length. You basically get near racing monohull speeds, but with all the luxuries and comforts that come with a catamaran.
Because catamarans have a shallow draft (how much water they need to float in) you can go and cruise and anchor in areas that monohulls can’t get into. The draft on catamaran varies from 1 to 4 feet depending on the size of the cat, allowing sailors to explore shallow areas monohullers fear to tread. This is ideal for the Caribbean Windwards islands, Seychelles or French Polynesia.
The Hi and Low Season charter prices are weekly rates (8 days / 7 nights). Some rates are all-inclusive while others enforce the MYBA contract terms and conditions. The charter price of a MYBA contract will therefore exclude the APA (all costs regarding food, beverages and fuel) and the applicable VAT for your charter destination. Normally charters are booked on a weekly basis although a minimum period of 4 days may be accepted by the yacht owners.
Featured Catamaran Yacht Charters:
- Catamaran Daddy’s Hobby Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Reve2mer Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Ocean Med Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Zylkene 1 Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Trilogy Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Crocodile Daddy Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Curanta Cridhe Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Adea Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Glory Days Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Depende Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Big Gani Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Rose of Jericho Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Delicia Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Okeanos Yacht Charter in Greece
- Catamaran Nemo Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Victoria Virgin Island Yacht Charters
- Catamaran Akka Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Mystique Yacht Charters in Greece
- Catamaran Rubicon Yacht Charter
- Catamaran Freebird Yacht Charter